Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Delmar House (Zone 3)

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 3, 12 9:38 PM
Is anyone else confused to why its not DALIMAR but instead DELMAR
Same meaning, different language - Da Li Mar = Del Mar (= De La Mer) = Of the sea.

 
Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Delmar House (Zone 3)

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Oct 23, 12 8:48 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:
Is anyone else confused to why its not DALIMAR but instead DELMAR
Same meaning, different language - Da Li Mar = Del Mar (= De La Mer) = Of the sea.

But this is a persons name, my user name is still fargosis no matter what country I'm in or langue I am speaking currently

 

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Delmar House (Zone 3)

[Post New]by punchinella on Oct 31, 12 5:35 AM
Hi, I have spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to get the hands exact for 7:40 on clock. I noted in a walkthrough it said to be precise or cuckoo wont come out and am seriously over it. I have been back to the book then back to the clock, i have seriously spent a lot of mucking around trying to get the hand precise and am really now unhappy, as needing to be THAT precise is ridiculous and taking the enjoyment out of game. Are all MCF games the same cause if so I wont buy anymore, i dont mind a challenge but thats beyond a joke.

 
SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,309 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Delmar House (Zone 3)

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Oct 31, 12 1:05 PM
punchinella wrote:Hi, I have spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to get the hands exact for 7:40 on clock. I noted in a walkthrough it said to be precise or cuckoo wont come out and am seriously over it. I have been back to the book then back to the clock, i have seriously spent a lot of mucking around trying to get the hand precise and am really now unhappy, as needing to be THAT precise is ridiculous and taking the enjoyment out of game. Are all MCF games the same cause if so I wont buy anymore, i dont mind a challenge but thats beyond a joke.
If you can't set the clock for the next chore it means you haven't finished the previous chore. Go back to the bed and check both feet carefully to see if you've missed any toe nails. You have to pick all 10 nails off the bed before you can set the clock.

 

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Delmar House (Zone 3)

[Post New]by punchinella on Oct 31, 12 11:30 PM
Thanks for reply, I have done that though. All Ican do is tickle her foot.I left it for a while due to frustration, lol, went back to it today and still cant do it. So am leaving it so I dont get cranky again!!!!

 
WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,609 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Delmar House (Zone 3)

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 7, 12 10:34 AM
punchinella wrote:Thanks for reply, I have done that though. All Ican do is tickle her foot.I left it for a while due to frustration, lol, went back to it today and still cant do it. So am leaving it so I dont get cranky again!!!!

I believe if you have found all the toenails you will no longer be able to zoom in on her feet. Look closely, there must be one you have missed. Good luck!

 
Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Delmar House (Zone 3)

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Nov 11, 12 8:47 AM
punchinella wrote:Hi, I have spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to get the hands exact for 7:40 on clock. I noted in a walkthrough it said to be precise or cuckoo wont come out and am seriously over it. I have been back to the book then back to the clock, i have seriously spent a lot of mucking around trying to get the hand precise and am really now unhappy, as needing to be THAT precise is ridiculous and taking the enjoyment out of game. Are all MCF games the same cause if so I wont buy anymore, i dont mind a challenge but thats beyond a joke.


I had the same problem, try restarting your computer and waiting an hour or so

 

Can't activate mommas left foot

[Post New]by MrCharcoal on May 3, 13 9:24 PM
Help! Okay, found chore list. Set clock, grabbed right toenails, batteries, nose hairs and pus. But I can't activate the left foot to grab the remaining five toenails. Already got hairs in the jar. Please dont tell me its a program glitch, because it's ruining an otherwise awesome game experience.

MC

 
SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,309 Posts

Can't activate mommas left foot

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on May 3, 13 9:42 PM
MrCharcoal wrote:Help! Okay, found chore list. Set clock, grabbed right toenails, batteries, nose hairs and pus. But I can't activate the left foot to grab the remaining five toenails. Already got hairs in the jar. Please dont tell me its a program glitch, because it's ruining an otherwise awesome game experience.

MC
I fear it may be a glitch that has crept into the iPad version A lot of people have mentioned exactly this problem. I do think someone reported they had more success when they started the game over (which is not ideal, I know) and tried the other foot first.

This must have happened when they fixed the clock issue in the PC/Mac game - you couldn't start the next chore until you'd completely finished the previous chore, so you couldn't go on to the pimples and hairs until you've clipped and collected all 10 toenails. Too many people tripped over this. So it looks like they fixed one problem and created a new one

So, you could try starting again, then doing the left foot first and making sure you collected all 10 nails before going on to the next chore. You should also probably contact tech support and let them know.

 

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Delmar House (Zone 3)

[Post New]by gamegirl1939 on May 5, 13 11:51 AM
DavesNotHere55 wrote:I can't seem to cut her toe nails. I have the clippers, looked at the book, and then set the clock to 4:25. I can zoom into the foot with the long nails but I can't cut them. Am I supposed to wash the foot or something. It says they smell like cheese.

 

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Delmar House (Zone 3)

[Post New]by gamegirl1939 on May 5, 13 11:54 AM
I was able to zoom in on foot on the left and clip the nails by putting the toenail clippers directly onto each nail. However, it will not let me zoom in to the foot on the right. I am unable to cut those nails no matter how I try. I am also stuck because of nasty feet.

 

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Delmar House (Zone 3)

[Post New]by emmajane42 on May 8, 13 6:42 AM
I am stuck - managed to get two parenting books but the third one should be in the oven but it's not - I got the can of dog food and now cannot click onto the oven to get the book so cannot open the cupboard. Any help?

 

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Delmar House (Zone 3)

[Post New]by yellowbird67 on May 30, 13 7:10 PM
hello I am sruck in mamasroom I have all of the toe nails, in my inventory, but I cannot get into my inventory the batteries and the toe nails are in the inventory but I cannot make the thing stop it goes from one end of the inventory to the other end and cannot make it stop in the middle now that I have confused everyone please help


 

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Delmar House (Zone 3)

[Post New]by Mlady55 on Jun 24, 13 6:13 PM
XxShadowsxX wrote:
bratbum wrote:The clock worked for the 4:25pm, but it will not work on the 7:40pm. What am I doing wrong??? I've been able to do other things and I go back to it, but it still will not work and I need to finish that step before i can go any further.
Please help.


**SPOILER**

Make sure you collected all ten toenails and put them in the jar before continuing with the clock.

 

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Delmar House (Zone 3)

[Post New]by tweetyray on Jun 27, 14 12:57 PM
Not sure where to post this so I'm sticking it here. I'm stuck where you have to enter the code 7149 into the book in one of the chambers. I have tried everything I've read to get the code entered but it will not change when I click on the numbers to change them. All the pictures are in my journal. You know, something old, new, blue, borrowed. I just can't get the numbers to turn to change to put the code in. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any help from anyone would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Edited on 07/04/2014 at 6:35:25 AM PST


 
SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,309 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Delmar House (Zone 3)

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jun 28, 14 3:39 AM
tweetyray wrote:Not sure where to post this so I'm sticking it here. I'm stuck where you have to enter the code 7149 into the book in one of the chambers. I have tried everything I've read to get the code entered but it will not change when I click on the numbers to change them. All the pictures are in my journal. You know, something old, new, blue, borrowed. I just can't get the numbers to turn to change to put the code in. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any help from anyone would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Did you play the tape you found in the asylum's office on the tape recorder in the sewers? So not the tape that was already on the recorder but the one from your inventory. It has information on it about patient 7149. You won't be able to enter the code until you've played that tape.

 

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Delmar House (Zone 3)

[Post New]by tweetyray on Jun 28, 14 10:06 AM
Yes, I did that, but for some reason, I had to go back and do it again. Thank you so much for responding. It worked and now I'm on my way again.

Edited on 07/04/2014 at 6:35:58 AM PST


 

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Delmar House (Zone 3)

[Post New]by tweetyray on Jul 4, 14 6:37 AM
Can anyone tell my why my progress isn't being saved? Every time I have to leave I save the game, but when I go back it tells me all my progress has become corrupt and I have to start over from the beginning. Thanks to anyone who responds.

 
SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,309 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Delmar House (Zone 3)

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jul 4, 14 3:25 PM
tweetyray wrote:Can anyone tell my why my progress isn't being saved? Every time I have to leave I save the game, but when I go back it tells me all my progress has become corrupt and I have to start over from the beginning. Thanks to anyone who responds.
There's a help document about this - see if this works for you? http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/266/kw/not%20saving

 

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Delmar House (Zone 3)

[Post New]by tweetyray on Jul 6, 14 6:16 AM
Thank you for responding. I went to that page and did all that and the game worked fine and I played for a while and left. Went back later and the game won't even open now. I keeps leaving game manager and shuts itself off. I have Windows 8.1. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks,

 
 
 
 
Go to: