msmeow6382
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Divine Academy here

[Post New]by msmeow6382 on Jul 23, 15 8:02 PM
You know, something just occurred to me: Since there are new messages on this forum from players who look like they are playing just fine and zipping along thru the game, it appears that all of us Game Club players are the ones who really got screwed. We got the game a whole day ahead of the non-Game Club people. If we had had to wait an extra day, we wouldn't be fighting with mis-matched levels, having to remove the same crap over and over, the game saying we needed to do things we've already done.

Just kinda gets me all hissy and poofy-tailed to think this is how we're repaid for being loyal Game Club members. I'm just saying.

 

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Divine Academy here

[Post New]by gena_st on Jul 23, 15 11:42 PM
I am having issues where the game won't start at all. It runs fine on my desktop, but on my laptop, it simply doesn't launch. My laptop runs Windows 8.

 
TMGamer99
Flounder
Flounder
2,205 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Divine Academy here

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Jul 23, 15 11:58 PM
msmeow6382 wrote:You know, something just occurred to me: Since there are new messages on this forum from players who look like they are playing just fine and zipping along thru the game, it appears that all of us Game Club players are the ones who really got screwed. We got the game a whole day ahead of the non-Game Club people. If we had had to wait an extra day, we wouldn't be fighting with mis-matched levels, having to remove the same crap over and over, the game saying we needed to do things we've already done.

Just kinda gets me all hissy and poofy-tailed to think this is how we're repaid for being loyal Game Club members. I'm just saying.

Yes, I wonder whether the developers new about Tomorrow's Game Today?

I have just re-installed and found I'm back at the beginning again. Excellent.

Edited on 07/24/2015 at 12:01:56 AM PST


 

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Divine Academy here

[Post New]by coxine on Jul 24, 15 3:06 AM
TMGamer99 wrote:
msmeow6382 wrote:You know, something just occurred to me: Since there are new messages on this forum from players who look like they are playing just fine and zipping along thru the game, it appears that all of us Game Club players are the ones who really got screwed. We got the game a whole day ahead of the non-Game Club people. If we had had to wait an extra day, we wouldn't be fighting with mis-matched levels, having to remove the same crap over and over, the game saying we needed to do things we've already done.

Just kinda gets me all hissy and poofy-tailed to think this is how we're repaid for being loyal Game Club members. I'm just saying.

Yes, I wonder whether the developers new about Tomorrow's Game Today?

I have just re-installed and found I'm back at the beginning again. Excellent.


I have re-installed and back to the same mess ! :-(

 
TMGamer99
Flounder
Flounder
2,205 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Divine Academy here

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Jul 24, 15 3:16 AM
All was going well, starting from scratch. But as soon as I finished the first stage of the library, I've got:
Server Error
Server is under maintenance.Try launching the game later.
Best regards, Development Team.

(They seem to have taken away the error codes from the message, so I suppose that's progress of some sort...)

This appears to be in a loop, I click, it tries to load then comes up with an error.
I don't want to kill it via task Manager in case I get zapped back to level 1 again.
Grrrrrrr.
And would it have killed them to apologise in the error message??

Edit: It came back and I didn't lose anything. Yay!

Edited on 07/24/2015 at 4:38:15 AM PST


 
TMGamer99
Flounder
Flounder
2,205 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Divine Academy here

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Jul 24, 15 3:17 AM
coxine wrote:
I have re-installed and back to the same mess ! :-(

Oh, sorry to hear that

Edited on 07/24/2015 at 3:17:25 AM PST


 
ozgurl
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Divine Academy here

[Post New]by ozgurl on Jul 24, 15 3:37 AM
1. How do we get the free crystals as stated on the facebook page??
(see other thread)
2. Can we just reset it and start again??

 
msmeow6382
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Divine Academy here

[Post New]by msmeow6382 on Jul 24, 15 6:57 AM
TMGamer99, Glad you were able to start over... AND it held it's place when it went wackadoodle on you. I'm still holding off and waiting. I'm just going to check this forum and the Divine Academy Facebook page for news of other people's progress (or lack thereof). I spent a good chunk of yesterday tracking down all traces of the game on my computer; I was like a crime scene tech at a Manson murder. I threw out every mention of Divine Academy like a bouncer does a drunk at a bar's last call. "Party's over! I don't know where you're going, but you can't stay here!" So, for now, I'm taking the watch and see approach. Because if I start this game again, and it goes nutso again, I won't be trying it a third time. I find it really sad that the developer (who I really have enjoyed in the past) would take a chance on putting out a game that is clearly not fit for the public; especially one that relies on in-game purchases.

 
TMGamer99
Flounder
Flounder
2,205 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Divine Academy here

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Jul 24, 15 7:36 AM
As I said before, when I re-installed my game this morning, all had been reset to the beginning. I assumed that something was done at the server end, but many still seem to be experiencing the effects of level reset.

I did do a couple of other things other than just uninstall, so if someone who is used to poking around in AppData wants to give what I did a go, in the faint possibility that it might reset things for them, post below and I'll message them what I did, so they can report back whether it worked for them.

* Even if it doesn't work, it may muck up your game progress to date in some way. *

I don't want to put the details here, as I don't want people going into areas that users aren't supposed to go and deleting things. Until we know whether it works.

 
TMGamer99
Flounder
Flounder
2,205 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Divine Academy here

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Jul 24, 15 7:43 AM
msmeow6382 wrote:TMGamer99, Glad you were able to start over... AND it held it's place when it went wackadoodle on you. I'm still holding off and waiting. I'm just going to check this forum and the Divine Academy Facebook page for news of other people's progress (or lack thereof). I spent a good chunk of yesterday tracking down all traces of the game on my computer; I was like a crime scene tech at a Manson murder. I threw out every mention of Divine Academy like a bouncer does a drunk at a bar's last call. "Party's over! I don't know where you're going, but you can't stay here!" So, for now, I'm taking the watch and see approach. Because if I start this game again, and it goes nutso again, I won't be trying it a third time. I find it really sad that the developer (who I really have enjoyed in the past) would take a chance on putting out a game that is clearly not fit for the public; especially one that relies on in-game purchases.

I entirely agree. I've just looked at the developer-who-shall-not-be-named's site and I think I've purchased most of their PC games. I think this whole server-based approach is more of a headache than they probably realised.
Seeing some of the in-app package costs - I think one was about $35 - I can see why it might appeal. But, I hope they go back to what they are good at.

Edited on 07/24/2015 at 7:45:40 AM PST


 
msmeow6382
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Divine Academy here

[Post New]by msmeow6382 on Jul 24, 15 7:58 AM
TMGamer99, This game is produced by the same people that did Farm UP, which also a FTP. Farm Up, as far as I know, has never experienced a clusterpoop of this magnitude. So this wasn't their first time at the rodeo.

Also, your comment about whether or not they knew that D.A. would be a Tomorrow's Game Today got me to thinking. That's one heck of a way to gather and utilize a "test group", a.k.a. guinea pigs. That would really suck if that is indeed what was done.

 
TMGamer99
Flounder
Flounder
2,205 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Divine Academy here

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Jul 24, 15 8:04 AM
msmeow6382 wrote:TMGamer99, This game is produced by the same people that did Farm UP, which also a FTP. Farm Up, as far as I know, has never experienced a clusterpoop of this magnitude. So this wasn't their first time at the rodeo.

Also, your comment about whether or not they knew that D.A. would be a Tomorrow's Game Today got me to thinking. That's one heck of a way to gather and utilize a "test group", a.k.a. guinea pigs. That would really suck if that is indeed what was done.

Ah, I wasn't aware of Farm Up. Fair enough.

 
TMGamer99
Flounder
Flounder
2,205 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Divine Academy here

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Jul 24, 15 9:28 AM
Just so people are aware, bfgLianorm has said in the "restart game" thread that there is a known way of restarting the game from scratch.

 

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Divine Academy here

[Post New]by almostanangel on Jul 24, 15 9:38 AM
Okay, NOW I'm mad. I tried to help solve the problem yesterday by running the Dr. Felix application as suggested so I could send the info to BFG - and THAT app crashed. Nothing else is giving me issues on my computer, and my machine isn't a clunker. So I sent an email to BFG anyway, under "Divine Academy", and detailed the issues. Today I got a response.

A response about how to get chips if they didn't pay out in Big Fish Casino.

If this was the first time in recent months that things like this happened, I would be a lot more understanding, but I'm on my last nerve here and ready to kiss BFG goodbye.

 
msmeow6382
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Divine Academy here

[Post New]by msmeow6382 on Jul 24, 15 9:41 AM
I saw that. She suggested writing in to customer service to get the instructions on how to do it. Well, I've already done that, specifically asking that very question. I haven't heard anything from customer service. Why can't they just post the instructions to starting over here? Why be all double secret probation about it? Geeeesh!

 
msmeow6382
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Divine Academy here

[Post New]by msmeow6382 on Jul 24, 15 9:43 AM
Well, almostanangel, thank God for that info on Casino. You never know when that will come in handy. *eye roll* SMDH

 
kira2767
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Divine Academy here

[Post New]by kira2767 on Jul 24, 15 10:08 AM
Biggest issue so far is the Library....twice now I have done the level 2 upgrade and although my workers are tied up in the work and I can see them doing the work it says there is no work being done and I don't get credited with completing it. There are other fairly academic problems such as buildings "jumping" on screen between levels such as the magistrate which I have at level 3 ans sometimes only shows level 1.

 
kira2767
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Divine Academy here

[Post New]by kira2767 on Jul 24, 15 10:09 AM
TMGamer99 wrote:All was going well, starting from scratch. But as soon as I finished the first stage of the library, I've got:
Server Error
Server is under maintenance.Try launching the game later.
Best regards, Development Team.

(They seem to have taken away the error codes from the message, so I suppose that's progress of some sort...)

This appears to be in a loop, I click, it tries to load then comes up with an error.
I don't want to kill it via task Manager in case I get zapped back to level 1 again.
Grrrrrrr.
And would it have killed them to apologise in the error message??

Edit: It came back and I didn't lose anything. Yay!


Yup, I keep getting that one too - among the others I already mentioned in this thread

Edited on 07/24/2015 at 10:10:36 AM PST


 
TMGamer99
Flounder
Flounder
2,205 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Divine Academy here

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Jul 26, 15 8:20 AM
It all seems to be going screwy again. I just got an error 1-0 saying to check my internet connection (obviously fine) and then another that someone logged in from another device, or something like that.

I think I'll exit and leave it for a while, I can do without being reset back to level 1 again.

Edited on 07/26/2015 at 12:14:06 PM PST


 

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Divine Academy here

[Post New]by Do_U_Know_Me on Jul 26, 15 9:46 AM

Error code 1....check your internet...ermmmm im online SEEEEEEE,......Error code 2 server is under maintenance...IT DARN WELL NEEDS TO BE!!!!!!......then ANOTHER ERROR someone has logging into your game from a different device.....i think NOT

I am having major issues with Divine Academy. I was really looking forward to this game as i have almost all of this developers games bar one. I have to say that i am BITTERLY DISAPPOINTED with all the errors this game has. I have managed to get to level 31 despite all the error messages and it booting me to kingdom come and back again, I am getting error 1 and error 2 codes and i am getting that someone else has logged in to my game from a different device. Each time this game puts up an error code it is stealing all my food, gold, wood, magic/water, scrolls, collection items, and my bought crystals/diamonds. I am fed up to my back teeth of replaying and replaying this game to just about get the right amount of food and gold to upgrade a building only to have an error message come up and the game boot me, then to reload it to find that the game has robbed me blinde yet again and i again have to spend another hour getting the right amount of food needed to upgraded my building. I am also fed up to my back teeth of hitting level 31 over and over and over again and then being zapped back to level 30. I have spent a lot of real life money buying crystals/diamonds to be able to play this game to the best of my ability. I am about ready to ask for a FULL REFUND. I am holding BFG responsible for allowing this game to be game of the day. BFG WHY was this game NOT tried and tested BEFORE you released it???????
Also via this developers website for this game it clearly states that in your settings there is a social network icon, so that you can login and add friends via facebook. What a pile of codswallop there is no such social icon and no way of logging into facebook or adding friends via facebook. I have a quest that requires me to complete the friendship colection set which i CANT do and i am NOT paying 25 crystals/diamonds per collection item totalling 125 crystals!!!!!!!


THIS GAME SUCKS BIG TIME!!!!!! The developers of this game SHAME ON YOU!!!!

Edited on 07/26/2015 at 9:49:13 AM PST


 
 
 
 
Go to: